Lower Blood Phe with NeoPhe.
Phe is the standard abbreviation of the essential amino acid Phenylalanine, and NeoPhe contains a clinically proven combination of large neutral amino acids (LNAA) that block Phenylalanine at the gut level, resulting in lower blood Phenylalanine.
These LNAA tablets are available for purchase for those under medical supervision and current medical care. Daily intake to be determined only by healthcare professionals specialized in metabolic disorders.
As with other Solace Nutrition products, NeoPhe only contains ingredients that have substantial documentation of the effects on the body. In addition, we don’t include nutrients that don’t have a daily requirement. Nutrients found in these tablets include biotin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- Data from pilot studies conducted in the Ukraine, Russia and the U.S. revealed a decrease in blood Phe concentration of 52% to 55% form baseline. When NeoPhe was discontinued, blood Phe concentrations increased to pre-trial levels. 1
- Double-blind studies performed in seven (7) different centers indicate that LNAA can compete with Phe on the transporter in the GI tract, resulting in a decrease in the blood Phe-level in patients on NeoPhe, averaging 39% from baseline levels. 2
- Adults, teenagers and children 8 years or older
- BH4 non-responders
- High blood Phe levels despite strong diet compliance
- Non-compliant, untreated or late-diagnosed PKU patients
- Monitor blood Phe levels for tolerance.
- NeoPhe tablets and powder can be used interchangeably.
- NeoPhe results in liberalization of the diet for most PKU patients.
- Decrease in consumption of low-protein foods.
1) R. Matalon, K. Michals-Matalon, G. Bhatia, E. Grechanina, P. Novikov, D. J. McDonald, J. Grady, S.K. Tyring, F. Guttler, Large Neutral Amino Acids in the Treatment of Phenylketonuria (PKU), J Inherit Metab Dis. 2006 Dec;29(6):732-8.
2) R. Matalon, K. Michals-Matalon, G. Bhatia, A.B. Burlina, A.P. Burlina, C. Braga, L. Fiori, M. Giovannini, E. Grechanina, P. Novikov, J. Grady, S.K. Tyring, F.Guttler, Double blind placebo control trial of large neutral amino acids in treatment of PKU: Effect on blood phenylalanine. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2007, Feb 27.