Lower Blood Phe with NeoPhe.
When patients need to lower their blood Phe, they may do so effectively with Solace Nutrition’s NeoPhe Lemon-Flavored Powder. This medical food powder contains a clinically proven combination of large neutral amino acids (LNAA) that block Phenylalanine at the gut level, resulting in lower blood Phenylalanine.
Ideal for the potential support of Phenylketonuria (PKU) and Hyperphenylalaninemia (HPA), this soluble powder is available for purchase for those under medical supervision and current medical care. It is not meant for maternal PKU patients.
NeoPhe Lemon-Flavored Powder only contains ingredients that have been researched or scientifically backed for their benefits. It likewise only contains nutrients that have a daily requirement. Solace Nutrition’s NeoPhe is available in both powder and tablet form to suit your patients’ preference. Both are convenient and easy to use.
- Data from pilot studies conducted in the Ukraine, Russia and the U.S. revealed a decrease in blood Phe concentration of 52% to 55% form baseline. When NeoPhe was discontinued, blood Phe concentrations increased to pre-trial levels.1
- Double-blind studies performed in seven (7) different centers indicate that LNAA can compete with Phe on the transporter in the GI tract, resulting in a decrease in the blood Phe-level in patients on NeoPhe, averaging 39% from baseline levels.2
- Adults, teenagers and children 8 years or older
- BH4 non-responders
- High blood Phe levels despite strong diet compliance
- Non compliant, untreated or late-diagnosed PKU patients
- Monitor blood Phe levels for tolerance.
- NeoPhe tablets and powder can be used interchangeably.
- NeoPhe results in liberalization of the diet for most PKU patients.
- Decrease in consumption of low-protein foods.
1) R. Matalon, K. Michals-Matalon, G. Bhatia, E. Grechanina, P. Novikov, D. J. McDonald, J. Grady, S.K. Tyring, F. Guttler, Large Neutral Amino Acids in the Treatment of Phenylketonuria (PKU), J Inherit Metab Dis. 2006 Dec;29(6):732-8.
2) R. Matalon, K. Michals-Matalon, G. Bhatia, A.B. Burlina, A.P. Burlina, C. Braga, L. Fiori, M. Giovannini, E. Grechanina, P. Novikov, J. Grady, S.K. Tyring, F.Guttler, Double blind placebo control trial of large neutral amino acids in treatment of PKU: Effect on blood phenylalanine. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2007, Feb 27.