Cyto® C is a Medical Food containing Vitamin C in the form of L-ascorbic acid. By using liposomal technology to protect, transport and release vitamin C, it is highly absorbed and retained by cells. This technology allows the Vitamin C to help bypass the lipid bilayer of the cells, ensuring more Vitamin C is absorbed by the body.This product also contains potent antioxidants and significant free radical scavenging capabilities.
Product Form: Unflavored Liposomal Powder
Indications: Mitochondrial Cytopathies or other Inborn Errors of Metabolism.
- Enhanced bioavailability composition which delivers optimum levels of vitamin C.
- High-dose formula without gastrointestinal side effects.
- Easy to use – add recommended amounts of powder to moist foods or liquids.
- Suitable for vegan diets.
- Powder form of Vitamin C makes it suitable for those with difficulty swallowing while also allowing an adjustment of dose.
Cyto® C is free of GMOs, artificial flavorings, and any preservatives. This product is allergen tested at No Detectable Limit (NDL) for egg, dairy, fish, crustacean, soy, corn, gluten, tree nuts, and peanut.
Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), Phospholipids, Fatty Acids, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sucrose.
Cyto® C is allergen tested at No Detectable Limit (NDL) for egg, dairy, fish, crustacean, soy, corn, gluten, tree nuts, and peanut.
Directions for Use
Cyto® C is soluble in water and may be consumed either orally or via tube feeding. The daily intake of Cyto® C powder is to be determined by your physician or dietitian.
Oral or Tube Feeding
- Measure (using the scoop provided or a gram scale) the recommended amount of Cyto® C powder
2. For oral, consume powder by mixing into moist foods or liquids 3. For tube feeding, add powder in 1.1 g (one scoop) increments to formula (room temperature or cold) and stir well. Stir or agitate tube feeding mixture if Cyto® C separates from liquid during feeding. Cyto® C powder and liquid mixture should be used within 4 hours.
Unopened bottles should be kept in a cool, dry place. Once opened, reseal bottle and use within 3 months.
Not for parenteral use. Not for use as the sole source of nutrition and not for the general population. Only for individuals with Mitochondrial Cytopathies. Use under medical supervision.